This year, the theme for Refugee Week is compassion. The Birmingham ESOL Hub, in collaboration with Birmingham Adult Education Service (BAES) are showing their compassion by hosting a morning of conversation sessions, coffee and cake for asylum seekers and refugees across the city. It’s completely free so if you’re a refugee or asylum seeker in Birmingham, why not join us in the beautiful Library of Birmingham building?
- DATE: Saturday 17th June 2023
- TIME: 10.00 am – 12.00 pm
- LOCATION: Brasshouse Languages, Library of Birmingham, Centenary Square, Birmingham B1 2ND
- COST: Free
This morning event will allow you to:
- Take part in an informal conversation class – with sessions taking place from beginner (Entry 1 ) level to upper intermediate (Level 1 +). All sessions will be lead by qualified and experienced ESOL teachers from Birmingham Adult Education Service (BAES)
- Enjoy a free cup of coffee or tea with a fresh pastry or cake
- Talk to some of the ESOL Hub’s friendly charity partners. They can provide advice and information on issues affecting refugees and asylum seekers – immigration, employment, housing, education and much more
- Meet other refugees and asylum seekers and make some new friends
- Bring your children along for some free activities.
Plan for the day:
10:00 am – 10.30 am – arrival.
Arrive, grab a drink and talk to some of our refugee support partners.
10.30 am – 11.30 am – conversation classes
Join in with an informal conversation class at your level. All classes will be lead by qualified and experienced Birmingham Adult Education Service (BAES) ESOL teachers.
11.30 am – 12.30 pm – Coffee, cake and chat
Another chance to enjoy a hot drink and a snack. Plus you can talk to the other attendees and the charity representatives.