National Careers Service
Birmingham - North, Birmingham - South, Birmingham - East, Birmingham - West, Birmingham - Central, Solihull, Dudley, Walsall, Wolverhampton, Worcestershire, Sandwell
Types of support
The National Careers Service provides free, up-to-date, impartial information, advice and guidance on careers, skills and the labour market, across England.
Qualified careers advisers can provide one-to-one support to help you plan your next steps, help you to improve your skills or help you find employment including access to new job vacancies in sectors experiencing demand for new staff.
- Exploring career options and job matching to current vacancies including apprenticeships
- Skills analysis and career planning, online advice and digital tools
- Sector webinars, job fairs and live events with employers
- CV development, job search, online applications and interview techniques
- Understanding the local job market
- Searching for courses and training schemes and finding funding to support learning
- Developing an action plan
In addition, National Careers Service can also support ESOL students looking for part time employment while they study. We can look at matching you with jobs in the sectors you are most interested in.
Call 0800 100 900 to speak to a professional careers adviser or visit the National Careers website to access online resources and digital tools or to speak to an adviser via webchat or email.
You can follow National Careers Service West Midlands on social media to find out about upcoming events and job and training opportunities in your area: