Birmingham Metropolitan College (Erdington Skills Centre)
Face-to-face, Courses without exams, Courses with exams
Pre-entry, Entry 1, Entry 2, Entry 3, Level 1, Level 2
BMet’s Erdington Skills Centre is a very friendly place to learn English. We are ready to welcome everyone who wants to study ESOL.
Our courses are for people who are not native speakers of English. On these courses, you will develop your skills in speaking & listening, reading and writing in order to improve your job opportunities and quality of life in the UK.
We offer courses in Speaking and Listening, Reading and Writing from Entry 1 to Level 2, as three separate courses. The course you will be offered will depend on your previous qualifications and an initial assessment.
Each course follows this structure and lasts for 12 weeks:
- Speaking & Listening from September – December
- Reading from December – March
- Writing from March – June.
Our courses combine English language with building digital (IT) skills and vocational skills for work. At the Erdington Skills Centre, you can also study courses in:
- Award Level 1 Health & Social Care for ESOL
- Award Entry 3 Caring for Children for ESOL
- Introduction to Construction for ESOL
- E3 & L1 Digital Skills for ESOL
- Entry Level Bridge to Digital Skills for ESOL
- Pre Entry Digital Skills for ESOL